Ronin Limited are committed to protecting, respecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
Changes to Legislation:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who We Are and What We Do:
Ronin Limited are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
What Information We Collect:
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website – www.ronin-ltd.com – or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or social media discussions and when you report a problem with the our website. Please note that our calls with you may be recorded be recorded for training or monitoring purposes, depending on the applicable local laws and requirements.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Contact information, including:
- Private and corporate email address; and
- Phone number;
- Demographic information, such as:
- Other information relevant to facilitating your use of the Ronin Limited service:
- Financial information
- Compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications, experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Curriculum vitae and photograph,
- Links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Where we obtain personal information from the public domain, (LinkedIn, job boards, online CV libraries, corporate websites, recommendations, etc.), we will inform you, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data, of the following;
- The fact we hold personal data about you;
- The source the personal data originates from; and
- The purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
What We Do with the Information We Collect:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will share your information with our staff in order to provide the Ronin Limited service. Information will not be released to any other third party without your consent.
- We may release this information where required by law or requested by a government or regulatory body. You will be informed prior to release of this information in this circumstance.
- We may share your information with our clients with your express consent.
Where We Store and Process the Information We Collect:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How Long We Keep Your Information For:
At Ronin, we understand our legal duty to retain accurate data. To ensure data is updated regularly, we have implemented strict business policies, including regular data compliance audits and routines to remove all outdated data. Where data is outdated, with no reasonable or accurate way to update the data, it will be deleted from all Ronin sources. It may be necessary under legal, contractual or legitimate business interests for Ronin to keep a copy of this information on our systems for a prolonged period. Once this data it is deemed no longer necessary to store under legal, contractual or legitimate business interests, it will be deleted from all Ronin sources.
What Are Your Rights:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights. To:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
How to Access Your Information:
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act (and the GDPR once it is in force). Prior to 25th May 2018 any access request under the Data Protection Act will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A subject access request should be submitted to email@example.com. No fee will apply once the GDPR comes into force.
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to a member of our data protection team:
Phone +44 845 680 1877
Address: FAO Data Protection Department
Parkway Business House
2 Campbell Road